Saturday, April 21, 2012

Garden Attempt. Again

 We decided to try a garden again this year.  Last year we planted tomatoes and pumpkins.  To make a long story short, it didn't work.

This year Nate raised up the garden with the dirt from the cold storage that he is digging out.  I was very impress that he let me plant.  I wanted a pickle dew garden.  It is my Grandma Thomas' recipe and I love it. 
 Look how cool this is!  Its a purple bell pepper! Hope it lives.

 This one is yellow.  We are a big fan of yellow bell peppers in our house.  If a recipe calls for bell peppers, we get yellow.  We love the flavor.

 Nate put a fence up around the garden to try and keep the dogs and the kids out of the garden.  It was super funny.  The boys next door came over to ask if they could play baseball and Tucker says to them, "Sorry, we have a garden now, we can't play baseball."  Silly boy.  Just be more careful where you hit the ball.


I can not wait to weed it for the first time.  Is that weird? :0)

1 comment:

Becky Gockley said...

Wow! Looks great! I love having a garden! Hope it turns out for you! Yes, it is funny you are looking forward to weeding it! Mine already has some weeds, you can come weed mine in the mean time :)