Friday, June 8, 2012

Battle Creek Hike

I have to say a big THANK YOU! to my sister Amy for letting me and my kids tag along for her hikes this year.  I saw all the ones that she did last year and I kind of invited myself.  I really wanted to do more with my kids for the summer and I knew they would love hiking.  After camping, I KNEW Norma would love it.

So for our second hike of the year, we went with Amy and her kids, Becky and her kids and Becky's friend Cammie and her kids.  15 kids, 4 woman.  Maybe I should have thought of this a bit more. :0)

We packed a lunch and stopped a little ways up the trail to eat.  Katy was not having it.  I thought for sure that I would end up walking back to the car with her.

But after lunch, she was ready to go!  Walked almost the whole way.  I was so proud of her.

Norma was loving every minute of it.

I was proud of myself for making it all the way too.  I thought for sure that they would be picking me and Katy up on the way back.  I really wanted a picture of me and the kids at the top but they were to anxious to head back down, and be in the front of the pack, without any adults.  Yeah, we need to work on our hiking rules.

So I at least got them to stand with me here at the bottom.  Sort of.

Katy needed a drink so that she would look at the camera.

Tucker!  Don't be silly!


Oh well.  We all made it and can't wait to go on the next one.  Thank you again Amy!


6 comments:

Kathryn said...

How fun! I'm glad you'll be able to go on other hikes too!

Melissa Norman said...

I'll go with you next time!!

Bonnie said...

Awesome, looks like so much fun! Great play date idea:) You all look so happy!

Brian and Tonya said...

What troopers. It looks like you guys had lots of fun.

Amy Conklin said...

You guys were all AWESOME! I was impressed with Kate! She walked WAY more than Cami did! Loved having you with us! Can't wait to do it again! LOTS of fun! Love you!

Becky Gockley said...

That was such a fun hike! I am so glad you are joining us! It was fun to be together! Can't wait for the next one!