Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Good-Bye Aunt Claudia

More than anything, I wish I would have had a camera.  My Aunt Claudia passed away with last week and I was able to go to the funeral with my family yesterday. 

I hope that I don't offend anyone, but I wanted to write about the feelings I had.  Even though it was a funeral it was wonderful seeing the Montag family.  It is so sad that we only see each other at funerals.  Last time I saw the Montags was at Grandma's funeral 5 years ago.  If only I had a camera, I would have gone to town.  So many faces I haven't seen is so long.  It would have been wonderful to get pictures of the family.  I love seeing my Dad with his brothers and I miss the good times we would have.  I'm really hoping that there was a food fight at the church afterwards.  If not, Claudia will be upset. :0)  Every time she was at a get-together, there would be a food fight, and she was the first thrower. 

I LOVED being with my family!  I wish more than anything that Gerald could have been there.  We would have been complete.  We had a wonderful time going to lunch after and it was very much needed.  My favorite part was when we went to pick up the kids from Grandpa and Nana's and the kids ran right up to Jeremiah and gave him hugs.  Well, all but Katy.  She still isn't so sure about him. 

Claudia will be missed but she is with her Mother and our Lord and is probably started more food fights than you can count. :0)

No comments: