Friday, February 8, 2013

11

My Tucker is 11 years old.  I thought 10 was bad.  11 is worse.  Nate was working last night and I was suppose to be doing homework.  But I was much more in the frame of mind to think of my baby and all that he means to me.  I posted all about the day he was born here if you want to read it.  Made me cry.  One of my favorite things about this blog is going back and re-reading all the different things that happen in our life. 

Tucker is an amazing helper.  He is getting older and starting to talk back more but that is just a sign that he has his own mind.  He helps me with chores most of the time without any bribing.  He is so good at helping with Katy.  Maybe not as good as Thad is with her, but Thad has that bond with Katy that just makes it easier for him to help.  Tucker is very smart.  I love having him help me with games and even homework.  He is a really good friend when he wants to be and he is growing up so fast.  We have had to buy him new pants since the beginning of school because he has grown almost 4 inches.

I'm excited to celebrate his birthday today.  I feel bad because I packed all the birthday stuff that I usually decorate with in the storage shed and forgot to get it last time we were there.  But we are having some of his friends over for pizza and card games tonight and it will be fun.  Pictures from that tomorrow!

Now back to homework.  I have put it off long enough.

2 comments:

Glade and Diane Powell said...

We are so proud of Tucker! He is becoming a fine young man. It was fun to talk to him on his birthday. We love you Tucker!

Becky Gockley said...

Man it will be weird when Riley turns 11! Tucker is a great kid and we hope he has a great Birthday!