Monday, February 25, 2013

We {heart} Visitors

My parents and sister surprised us and came for a visit this last weekend.  We love when family comes to visit!  We cooked a turkey dinner because it was what Tucker had asked for his birthday dinner and we hadn't really seen Nana and Papa and Winni since before his birthday.  Tucker got to open some late birthday presents.  Some very much needed new pants and church clothes.  We watched a movie, had popcorn and went to bed way past our bed time.

There isn't much to do in Wendover, we know this.  But we didn't really want to sit around the house all day so we decided to go to the World War II museum they have here.  AMAZING!!!  I wish I had taken my camera.  It was cold, snowy and windy but so cool.  We plan to go back many times and explore a bit more.  And remember the camera. :0)

 Winni took these with her phone and sent them to me.



When they left Sunday morning, Katy was being a pill, nothing new there, and I told her that if she didn't give Nana an Papa hugs goodbye she was just going to have to go home with them.  She jumped right off my lap and said okay.  Shocked, I didn't think she was serious and asked if she really wanted to go with them.  She went and got her baby and asked if she could take them with her.  Never in a million years did I think she would want to go.  She went right to Papa and blew me kisses goodbye.  It was the hardest thing to do, taking her from Papa and telling her she couldn't really go.  She started crying and saying that she wanted to go to Nana and Papa's house.  Poor Nana couldn't handle it and stated crying too.  What a backfire idea.  We will know not to threaten with that again.

I had to take some pictures of them all dresses for church so that Nana and Papa would know that she did stop crying and was happy to be going to church.












 We might have had a problem getting a good picture.


Tucker wanted to show you how handsome he looked in his new church clothes by himself.  And he wanted me to tell Nana that the size 14 fit perfectly.  He is growing bigger than we all thought. :0)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see the pictures! Norma finally smiled as well. What a handsome boy we have!

Becky Gockley said...

Looks like a fun weekend with family! I am so glad you had some visitors! Your kids looks so cute!