Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I'm drowning in fabric!

I wanted to show you all of the fabric that I happen to be drowning in at the moment. And half of these projects need to be done in time for Christmas. I can't wait though and have started cutting out all the patterns. Cutting out is the worst part for me so if I can get them all cut out then the real fun can start. ;)
These are the jammies I'm making for Heather's kids for Christmas. I love sewing and it really is an outlet for me to just get away. So don't look at all of this and think I am crazy, (although you might) but I am having a ball and can't wait to get sewing!
These are the ones I'm making my kids for Christmas. I've got a really cute nightgown pattern I'm using for the 3 big girls and a pattern I've made a lot of for Norma for Kate, and then I'm using the pattern I just finished making Kate 2 outfits out of for Lily's.
These are for a diaper bag and carseat cover I'm making my friend that is having a boy in January. The outside of the diaper bag will be brown too. Love these! She told me cars or frogs and this is what I found.

This is for a new dress for Norma for the winter. I haven't made her a new dress in 3 years! So the one she has to really short. I know that I'm going to have to put it away before she notices that it is gone because she loved it. I hope she will like this one just as much. I don't need to make Kate one because our good friends Jared and Tara gave us a very pretty yellow one for her that will fit perfect come winter. Thanks guys!

These next few are for some dress and outfit patterns that I bought for my cousin Harmonie over a year ago to do for her girls. She is doing photography and took some really cute pictures of Kate that you can go and see here. So this is some of the fabric that my Mom, Kathryn and I picked out to make for her. There are quite a few patterns to go with them all. I am hoping to get some outfits for Norma and Kate out of some of these too. :)




And it wouldn't be a post without some new pictures of Kate. She is growing up so fast! This is her new smile and I LOVE IT!!! She knows that she will get a laugh from me whenever she does this.

And last of all, I put a picture of Kate and her brothers last time so this time I will show you what goes on all day while the boys are at school. Norma plays with Kate's toys and Kate just watches and loves that Norma is on the floor with her. Kate is getting very mobile now. I'm pretty sure she will be crawling before Halloween.
Oh how I love my kids!

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Love the pictures of the fabric and your 'visions' of the outfits. I love the pictures of your girls as well as the whole family!

Bonnie said...

You rock! All your plans seem fabulous and I wish I could come help you cut out patterns...surprisingly I don't hate it...my Mom had me do it for her when she made my prom dresses.

Becky Gockley said...

That is a TON of fabric! Wow! You will be very busy. They are all so cute. Have fun sewing! I wish I had that talent. Cute pictures of Kate!

Anonymous said...

Aren't those girls so cute on the quilt made with love from our friend Bonnie! I get a warm feeling every time I see it :)

Bonnie said...

Ahh, thanks Dana, you are so sweet. I'm so glad it is of good use.