Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Pumpkin Head Harvey"

Things worked out last night so that we were able to carve pumpkins as a family. Nate really tried to talk me into just letting them draw faces on them like last year but the kids were so excited to be carving that we went with the messy way. It was awesome! None of them wanted to stick their hands down inside the pumpkins. I told them if they didn't want to get their hands dirty than they didn't get to carve it. Only daddy and I would get to carve. So they got their hands in and pulled out the gross stuff. Nate and I drew the faces on for them with their input on what they wanted and let them go to town. They all did so well! I helped Norma with the little cuts but she did the rest. I was very impressed with how well they all did without much help. And the pumpkins all looked great!They did not want to be touching the guts at all. But they all ended up taking a deep breath and diving in. Oops! I just remembered seeing this picture of Thadd that he was suppose to count how many seeds he took out of his pumpkin when he carved it for school. Oh well. Too late now.
I was so impressed with Norma! She did so well on her own. She is the one who was looking forward to carving the most. Now we know that she can do so well there won't be a question about doing it next year.
Thadd is just like me. Has to have his tongue out to do anything that detailed. It comes from Grandma Thomas. She couldn't cut with scissors without her tongue out.
Tucker said that his nose is the one that he did on the pumpkin they carved at school. Everyone got to draw shapes for the different parts of the face and his nose won. He was very proud that something he drew got picked.
Can you guess who's is who's? :)

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Looks like so much fun! I miss you and wish I could come hang out more:)

Kathryn said...

Great job Tucker, Norma and Thadd! So glad Mom and Dad helped make it happen.

Rusty and Jessica Terry said...

They look great, they did a lot better job then Rusty and I did.

Becky Gockley said...

I am so impressed. I can't believe they did them all by themselves and nobody ended up in the emergency room! I still haven't let my kids do it on their own. I am too nervous. They turned out great!