Monday, October 25, 2010

Kate's new blanket.


I had to write about this blanket. If you don't want a sob story, quite reading.

My mom quilted this blanket for Kate. Isn't it beautiful! I don't know if you can see the kitten on the yellow side. This blanket has my emotions and memories on over-drive today. I have a quilt just like this only in red. This pattern is from my Grandma Thomas. I'm not sure if it is from her mom or not, I'll ask my Mom. I love my blanket. Most of my newborn pictures are on that blanket. It makes me feel my Mothers love for me when ever I see that blanket. I feel my Mothers love when I look at the ones that she has made my babies. This blanket also makes me sad. My Mom had bought this material when she knew that we were having the baby that we lost. I saw it in her room the day before we found out that we were losing the baby. I laid Kate on the quilt this morning and saw the two babies that would have been laying on it by her. I have had a hard week thinking of those babies. I know that Heavenly Father knows what we need and what we can handle. I know this. I know that I had to have the miscarriage for a reason. I know this. I also know that I can feel sad about this. It is part of the healing. I will always have a hard time whenever I see twins, I will always have a hard time at Spring Break and I'm afraid that I will always have a hard time around Halloween. I am so grateful to my Mom for making this for my sweet Kate. I hope that she will love it as much as I do. I hope that she will sleep with it for years, take naps on the floor with it when she is 9 and wrap her babies in it and know that it is a hug from Nana.

3 comments:

Becky Gockley said...

What a neat story. I am sure you will always wonder and remember those babies. It's hard to really understand and honestly sometimes I just give up trying to. Someday you will know why but for now it's hard and will be with you forever. I am so sorry that you experienced such a heartache.

Lisa said...

Super cute!

Kathryn said...

Love your stories and memories Bobby!