Friday, December 3, 2010

9 Month Stats


Kate is 9 months old! I can't believe how time has just flown by. She is crawling, babbling all the time, eating anything she can get her hands on, loves playing with Norma's kitchen and food except when she pulls the kitchen over on her. She is learning to pull herself to a stand, she is really close to getting her first tooth and she has a smile that just melts our hearts.
At her appointment today she weighed in at 17 lbs 7 oz. (25%) She is 28 in long. (66%) Her head is still big at 46.1 cm. (94%) I asked the doctor if he was still concerned about her head being so big. He said that where it leveled off from last time he wasn't. She is very healthy. There is one thing though. I didn't know that they checked babies iron levels at 9 months. So they pricked her toe, Norma was impressed that she didn't cry, and her levels came back low. With the machine they have at the doctors office, I now have to take her to have a full-blown blood draw to see if her levels are really low enough to put her on iron. I'm not so sure about this. But it is something I will have to do. I was on iron when I was an infant and have been for most of my life. So Monday I will be taking her to the lab. Anyone want to take her for me? :)

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

She is so cute! Sorry to hear about the iron level thing, that is scary to have to take them in to get their blood drawn. I hope that you both survive.

On a side note I didn't know you have been on iron pills most of your life. I had to be on it when Clark was born.

Kathryn said...

What a beautiful baby!

Becky Gockley said...

Wow! She has grown so much! My kids always have stats off the chart for their head size! We even did an MRI on Riley because it was growing so big so fast. I am sorry to hear about the iron levels! A lab is not going to be fun!