Sunday, December 19, 2010

A few things to catch up on.

First off, it's raining. I'm praying that it will turn to snow soon so that our neighbors will stop flooding. Plus I need a white Christmas. I just really do this year.

Last week we had our ward Christmas breakfast at the church. The day before, Tucker was asked to be a wise man and his response was, "It would be a privilege." Yep, that's my boy. So I hadn't even heard about the breakfast til this point so I just thought that Santa would be there like he had been last year. No Santa but I had dressed up the girls in their new Christmas dresses and got Kate's hair in her very first pig-tails!!! She has as much hair now as Norma did at 18 months. I tried to get a picture of them.
This is what I got. She is moving so fast now that she can crawl, I can't get any good pictures of her anymore because she will just not stay still long enough.
Here is Tucker in his Wise man costume. It was a nice morning. I had tried to get the kids to eat before we got there because I knew that they would be asking as soon as we got there about food and when we were going to be eating. Of course they didn't listen and of course, I was right.
Kathryn came to help me with the kids because Nate was doing Shop-with-a-Cop. He really enjoyed his morning and had a boy that got something for his whole family and himself for Christmas. Thanks Kathryn for your help.
Last Thursday Tucker had a Christmas program at his school during school. Since we had had such a hard time with getting a sit at Thadd's program, we went to Tucker's school 45 minutes early. We were on the front row. Norma even was wonderful the whole time. They just had each grade sing one song and Tucker's grade sang first. I forgot the camera, again and we couldn't get a picture with the phones. But it was nice and I just love Tucker's new school.
We have a book that we read a story out of every night before Christmas. It is the book my mom would read to us and now I read it to my kids. I love this tradition and my kids do too. I can't believe that I'm posting a picture of me, but here you go.
Nate got Norma these reindeer antlers with bells on them at the dollar store when I sent him into get some thing else, he always has to get just one thing that isn't on the list. I put them on Kate and she sounds so cute crawling around with these jingling. Again, not the best picture but you get the cuteness. :)
We got to go to Amy's house last night for a Christmas party too. It is so nice to be together as a family! Thanks Amy for letting us come and raid your house! I love playing games and even ones that the kids can play with us. It was good to Glade and Diane too!
I am not sending out Christmas cards this year. Instead, I'm going to email one, so be looking for that come Monday or Tuesday.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Awesome! I love your posts and your pictures. Here is hopping there is snow for you:)