Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas email this year, no time for cards


Hello Family and Friends!

This year instead of sending out a Christmas card to just a few of you, I'm just emailing all of you. I am so grateful for this time of year and all it means to us. I would not make it day to day with out our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He truly is the reason for the season. We have had an eventful year and I would love to let you all know what we have done.

Tucker turned 8 this year and was baptized. We are so proud of him and his decision to do this in his life. It was a hard day because it was also the day that Great Grandpa Powell (Wayne Powell) passed away. I think it will always be a day to remember for him and us. Tucker is in 3rd grade now and in a program at a new school. A.L.L. or accelerated learning lab, is just an advanced class where he can go as fast as he can learn. It has been amazing for him. He is no longer finished before everyone else and he loves that he is learning so many new things at once.

Thadd is 7 and in first grade this year. He had a hard time in the beginning making new friends. His best friend that lives across the street from us, Ira was in a different class this year and went at a different time. But he has made some new friends and is doing so very well in school. He is reading very well and loves that he can read chapter books. Both Tucker and Thadd have glasses now, Tucker got his for his birthday this year, and now you can't tell them apart from one another again. They still play together well and I'm glad for that.

Norma is 4 going 24. She is such a girl and very much the Queen of the house. She is learning to play with others better which is good because she will be going to kindergarten this next year. It has been nice having her home this last year but it will be nice to have her in school for half a day too. She hates when I do her hair but loves playing dress up all day. She has gotten taller and more mouthy with age. We love her though and it wouldn't be our house without her in it.

Kathryn Kristine (Kate) joined our family on March 3 this year. And I have to say that out of 4 children it was so very nice to have one delivery go like they are suppose to go. She is the perfect completion to our family. She is the happiest baby we have ever had and the cutest thing you have ever seen. She is 9 months old now and crawling everywhere. Kate and Thadd have a special bond. From the moment they met, there has been something between the two of them that just can't be described other than wonderfully special. She jabbers all day and sleeps all night. She loves playing with Norma's toys and likes pulling the dogs fur. We are so lucky to have her and it wouldn't be the Powell family without her.

Nate got a new car this year with work. He was upgraded to a Charger and loves it! He works all the time and has been taking classes trying to just get a degree of some kind. We don't see him much but he is working hard for our family and we love him for it. We were able to go on a few camping trips this year and that is all worth it. Kate is our outdoors-man and loves being outside. Nate went to Wyoming for a week this summer for some special training with work and loves that he can notice things about certain cars now.

I have just been a mom and house keeper. I've done a lot of sewing this year and holding a baby. (She is just too cute to put down most of the time.) I made Kate a bunch of clothes and made some diaper bags for myself and friends and then some to sell. I've enjoyed trying new sewing projects and have decided that a new machine is on the list of needs for this next year. I was just put in as the Wolf Den leader for cub scouts on our ward and have 9 eight year olds in my den. I miss my old calling were I just had to make birthday cards but I've had a lot of fun with the boys and I have enjoyed this calling too.

We send our love and hopes of a wonderful Christmas and New Year to all of you! May our Heavenly Fathers love pour down on you all and bless you this coming year.

Love The Powells
Nate, Bobby, Tucker, Thadd, Norma and Kate

To see more of our family you can always go to the blog at nbttpowell.blogspot.com It is private but all you need to do is send me your email and I'll add you. Merry Christmas!

No comments: