Thursday, March 10, 2011

Girls Check-up

Both the girls went in for their check-ups yesterday. Norma for her 5 year/Kindergarten check-up and Kate for her 1 year.

I knew that they both would be getting shots so when I made the appointment I thought I was making it for a day that Nate had off so he could come with me. Nope. So my Mom so kindly offered to come with me. I was looking for someone to comfort one girl while the other was getting their shots.

Norma's stats: Weight 37 lbs - 25% Height 42.25 inches - 49%
Kate's stats: Weight 19 lbs 3 oz - 18% Height 29.25 inches - 53 % Head 47.5 cm - 96%

When we got there another mom and daughter walked in with a cup to pee in. I had totally forgot that I would have to try and do that with Norma. I had brought her in for a UTI once and it was terrible trying to get a sample. Not this time. :0)

When the nurse tested Norma's eyes, she didn't know what a plus sign was but she said to the nurse, "When I turn my head like this it's an X!" So that is what she called it. They said that her eyes were fine but with the family history of both parents and both brothers having glasses we are still going to take her in before school to find out if she'll need them.

Other than the most awful experience EVER getting shots for one of my kids, the girls are very healthy and made it through in one piece. Norma is pretty sore today from her shots and has a really nasty bruise but she fought hard and lost so she will be sore for a few days. Kate got a fever from her shots but she has been my only child to really have a reaction to shots. She always gets a fever.

No comments: