Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday to Kate!!!

To think that one year ago I was at the hospital waiting for this little one to enter the world is crazy. She is growing up so fast that sometimes I forget that she is only 1! She is doing so many amazing things and learning so quickly.

It has been a crazy week at our house. We have done a lot of running around during the day and Kate is not liking the car very much these days. She has been in it too much. But we had more planned for today so we brought out her gifts before the boys went to school. I didn't even have a chance to wrap them for her which is okay, I'm sure that she will have plenty to unwrap on Saturday when we do her party at my parents house.

Really the only thing we got her is the little ride along toy. We found it for a really good deal. Everything else is just her treats for her to snack on when I need to put her in the high chair to keep her out of things.
Walle can't seem to leave her alone lately. He is always up in her face and sitting right by her. I think she is more covered in food than I realize. ;0)

So because we had to do more errands what does the birthday girl get to do? Stay in her jammies all day of course. I know, I'm a bad mom but it was just so much more work to get her dressed than you know.

Nate had class so the kids set up the little table in the living room to have dinner and watch a movie and when Kate finished her dinner and was let down, oh dear! You could tell how tired my baby girl really was. Here is what she did for about 45 minutes. In pictures. She walked around the table. She loved it! She could reach the table and chairs so she would just go from one to the next. She won't take a step on her own yet but if she is hanging on to something, she just goes.
This is her big girl face. I just love it!And this is her "Come on Mom!" look. I kept calling her name to get her to look at me so I could take a picture.
She was too fast for me to get one between Tucker and Norma. She knew it too.
Got her this time around.

I finally just put her on her new toy. I love when she looks at me like this. Her head down and looks up at you. It's a common one.
She loves walking with it and can get off of it when she wants. Can't quite get on it herself but she has lots of helpers for that. Happy Birthday my baby Kate! (If you are interested in seeing about the day she was born you can go here. :0)

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Happy Day! I can't believe it's been a year, she is so adorable.

Kathryn said...

I love baby Kate and the pictures!

Becky Gockley said...

Happy Birthday Kate! Looks like a fun day! I can't believe it's already been a year!

Amy Conklin said...

Happy Birthday Kate! I love how you've captured all her "looks!" They grow up too fast!