Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Kate (part 2)

We got to have dinner at Nana and Papa's for Kate's birthday and we got Chinese! Love it! Kate picked out the ham out of her rice and loved the noodles.
Here is her cake that the rest of us get to eat and...
here is hers. It's a tradition that the 1 year old gets to have their own cake to eat on their birthday. I know, a little sugar rush? But it's a tradition.


She didn't know what to think at first. She keep looking at us to see if we were going to take it away from her.
Love that she picked off the hearts and ate them first.
Daddy finally cut it open so that she could get some of the cake part and not just frosting.
She liked the frosting better.
She offered to share with Thadd. He told her no.

Love the sucking of all the fingers.
Sugar crazed eyes!

After we took the cake away and cleaned her up, she had a few gifts to open.
This is her gift from John and Celest. It was her first present that was actually wrapped. She had to have a little help from Mom. Then I cried when I saw the book. It has all the nursery rhymes that I have a book of from my Grandma Thomas that she would read to me when I was little.


Kathryn helping Kate open her gift. I love getting pictures of the two Kathryn's together.


Papa gave her a baby that giggles. She liked that the moon lite up.
Hugging the baby. So sweet! And then a kiss.
We have one more day of birthday partying for Kate. We still have more gifts from Nana and Papa to open today and Aunt Cindy. :0)

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

She is so cute! I love her cakes, and that she gets her own, that is an awesome tradition.

Amy Conklin said...

I love the sugar crazed eyes! That is so fun (and CUTE!)

Amy Conklin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.