Monday, June 13, 2011

And so it begins

Summer is here and I can tell you right now, it's going to be a long one.  We have a lot of things going on this summer and we started off with having Winni here for the week.  My Mom and Dad went to Texas for Gerald's graduation from Basic Training.  Mom got some pretty cool pictures and put them on facebook if you are friends with her, go check them out.  I love having my sister here.  Now that she is older and doesn't bug me so much :0) I really enjoy spending time with her.  She was a big help with the kids so the Nate and I could go out a few time without them.  That was nice.  We played a lot of card games with the kids.  Norma and Thadd now know how to play Dork and they love it.  I do have to say here that those of you that got Mongolian cards from Glade, watch out for the hard cased ones and don't let your children see them. ;0)

Saturday I dropped Win off for her choir tour at 5 in the morning and made it home in time to get everyone ready for Eric's baptism. It was so wonderful!  He has grown into such a great boy.  I feel like he is one of my own and I am so excited for him and all that he does.

The rest of the weekend was spent getting ready for our first "Big Plans" for the summer.  Camping!  We can't wait.  We had so much fun when we went last time and we get to go with some great friends this week.  I have been working for weeks on some duffel bags for the kids just for camping and so I can post without saying sorry for no pictures, here is a picture of the duffel bags I've made.

I didn't make the green one.  I got that one free with my Disney Movie Rewards.  Next year I'll make Katy one.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Looks like you're ready to have a great time! You and Nate are such good parents. I love your family!

Rusty and Jessica Terry said...

well have a fun camping trip. the first one of the year is the best I think