Friday, June 17, 2011

Palisades 11"

So this was our one big camping trip that we had planned for the summer. And my promise for more pictures... shot.  Oh well.  I have one of the kids in the car on the way down.

I have to tell you that the cooler wouldn't closed all the way and so Kate would stick her Lunchable in the hole that she could see.  Yes we had turkey and cheese and crackers in with our water bottles.
And one of the Cuteness, Kate.

Enjoying sitting in her own chair and eating some grapes.
It was beautiful weather on Tuesday when we got down there.  I have been a little worried about the water and so we didn't bring anything to play in the water with.  Once we were there though, I wish that we had.  It was so pretty and I didn't even get pictures of the water.  We set up camp, got dinner going and went for a walk to find a good fishing spot for the boys.  Dinner was wonderful and afterwards the boys went fishing.  Thadd was the only one to catch one.  He got a bite and the next thing Jered heard was, "Hey, give that back!"  What a boy.

The next day was just as beautiful and the kids played all day.  I have to mention the ice cream.  Stephanie made the best chocolate ice cream!  I am not a home-made ice cream fan but this... it was just like a Wendy's frosty.  So good!  She had made some the night before and it was so good we drove into town just so we could make more.

By dinner, the wind really picked up and we could tell that is was going to rain.  It was nothing compared to the last time we were here.  You can read about it here and see some other things we did last time here and here since I'm a slacker and didn't take pictures. :0)

The only bad part was that our kids were not as well behaved as we would have liked and I woke up on Thursday with a very sore throat. We are hoping to go camping again some time in July.  I'm sad that we don't have a Moon Lake trip planned but we will be going on the deer hunt in August.


Next big thing going on with us is I have scout Day Camp next week and you can bet I'll be taking my camera and hoping to get lots more pictures. :0)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I'm glad you had a good time and that the weather was good for your first two days.