Friday, June 24, 2011

Camp Jeremiah Johnson 11"

I am the Wolf Den Leader in my ward and so I got to go with Tucker to Day Camp this year.  If you want to see some of the things that he did last year you can go here.

I had a blast.  As a leader, it is so fun for me to see all these boys having so much fun.  I just took a few pictures of Tucker but they all had so much fun.

Here is Tucker with one of his favorite activities.  Archery.  He really is a natural.  What with Nate going bow hunting for the last two years he knows what he is doing.

Here is the Battle of the Boats.  We had 14 boys in our ward so their boat was really full and with that many boys you would have thought that they would win.  Nope.  They couldn't even move because they couldn't paddle together at all.  It was so funny watching them not moving at all but trying so hard.
And this would be Tucker's favorite and most of the other boys too.  Swordsmith Shoppe.  They got to make swords and then battle with the leaders and some other boys at the camp.  This is Josh with Tucker and they really hit it off.  I hope that they can be great friends and do lots together this summer.

What a great day!  The boys all did great and I am so lucky to be their leader and help them all in this stage of their lives.  I love scouts and I know that I have a great responsibility to these boys to help them be all that they can be.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

This looks way fun and so good for these boys. I'm glad they had fun:)

Kathryn said...

I'm glad you're enjoying helping the boys through Scouts and that everyone had a good time. Thanks for sharing the pictures!